AHS Dura SedumMat Pitched Roof is designed for use on roofs with a slope of 3-20°. If you have a flat roof with a slope of 3° or less, please see AHS Dura SedumMat Flat Roof.
More than just a fad or decorative novelty, an AHS Dura SedumMat Pitched Roof provides insulation, helps prevent flooding, filters pollutants from the air, absorbs noise and provides food and shelter for a vast variety of wildlife.
AHS Dura SedumMat Pitched Roof is seeded with up to 17 different types of sedum, which has been nurtured outdoors for at least 9-12 months. We ensure that every single plant is strong enough to dispatch to you, ensuring the best quality sedum mats for your green roofs. Each plant species is chosen for their disease resistance, drought tolerance, long flowering period and enviable good looks.
AHS Dura SedumMat Pitched Roof comes with sedums that are drought-tolerant, meaning that they only need to be watered occasionally during extended periods of dry weather. On top of this, they are all low maintenance, only requiring a specialist sedum feed every spring, unless your roof is pitched at a steep angle or exposed to drying wind.
For roofs with a pitch of 10° or more, we strongly recommend installing an irrigation system and applying feed in early spring and early summer.
Please ensure that your roof is suitable for AHS Dura SedumMat Pitched Roof. It must be able to carry a weight of 120kg per square metre (this figure includes ‘live loading’, so a coating of snow or a person walking on the roof will not compromise the building structure).
- Flowering time, April to September (depending on local weather conditions)
- Height when fully grown is generally around 15cm but can vary
- Plants are perennial and frost hardy down to around -20°C
- They will not be in flower when delivered
- Install at any time of year
- The balance of plant species is affected by soil type, management, pollinator populations and local climatic conditions, so please expect changes in appearance from year to year.