Timber Procurement Policy
AHS Company Limited recognises the social and economic importance of protecting the environment and is fully committed to complying with the requirements of the Environmental Protection Act 1990.
To support the stated commitment, it is management policy to integrate environmental considerations into the business decision-making process.
In order to maintain and sustain the company's environmental commitment, all suppliers of timber shall: -
- Comply with the requirements of environmental legislation and approved codes of practice, co-operating fully with relevant statutory bodies and trade associations.
- Ensure that they are aware of environmental impacts of their products and can prove traceability of their raw materials.
- Avoid supplying timber from any of the following:
- Wood harvested from forest areas where traditional or civil rights are violated
- Wood harvested from non FSC-certified forest areas having high conservation values, which are under threat
- Wood harvested from genetically modified (GM) trees
- Illegally harvested wood
- Natural forest that has been converted to plantations or non-forest use
- Seek to encourage their suppliers, agents and contractors to adopt good environmental policies and practices.