The Directors of AHS Limited recognise the social and economic importance of protecting the environment and are fully committed to complying with the requirements of the Environmental Protection Act 1990.
To support the stated commitment, it is management policy to integrate environmental considerations into the business decision making process.
In order to maintain and sustain the Company’s Environmental Policy, it is necessary that every reasonably practicable means be used to: -
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and with other requirements to which AHS Limited subscribes which relate to its environmental aspects.
- Achieve good environmental standards in all activities including the reduction, re-use, recycling and disposal of waste.
- Measure the business operations to ensure the prevention of pollution and the continual improvement of environmental performance targets.
- Make economic use of energy, water and other materials to minimise waste in all aspects of the business function.
- Assess regularly the environmental impact resulting from business operations and to remain fully informed of recognised best practices.
- Communicate this policy to all interested parties including company customers, suppliers and employees and encourage their active involvement in environmental issues.
The Managing Director has the overall and final responsibility for the Environmental Policy with the Management Representative responsible for the co-ordination, implementation and monitoring of the policy throughout the organisation using ISO 14001 as the framework for maintaining and reviewing the policy.
Management throughout the organisation are responsible for the communication of the policy and promoting active participation at all levels, whilst ensuring that activities under their control conform to the legal requirements and that good environmental standards are achieved and maintained.
Employees have the responsibility to actively support the company to ensure the effective implementation and maintenance of the policy.
This policy is available to all interested parties upon request.